For various reasons, the amount of renters is vast and ever-growing. It is my personal opinion that landlords should make sure to cover a few basic things when desiring to rent out their properties quickly. They are as follows:
- Clean the inside thoroughly. This shows you care about the property itself, as well as the new tenant.
- Tidy up the grounds, including trimming back bushes, picking up trash, and cutting the grass.
- Keep necessities such as stoves, refrigerators, air conditioners, and hot water heaters in good working order. No one likes surprises a week after they move into a new home.
- Exterminate the home on a regular basis to avoid infestations of fleas, ticks, roaches, and any other unwelcome guests.
- Imagine what you would want out of a landlord, and try to portray this to your tenant. This goes back to the age old mantra: Treat those how you want to be treated.